Public announcement on transaction participant identification for OTC transactions
Dear valued customers,
We would like to remind you that from 15 March 2021 onwards, every customer who wants to perform a cash transaction1 over the counter (OTC) in ABA branches, is identified as Transaction Participants (TP). Prior to any OTC cash transaction, TP who are ABA customers must disclose their account number. As for non-ABA account holder, s/he must:
- Provide original and valid identification document (ID);
- Agree to let his/her ID to be copied for reference and record purposes; and
- Submit personal details such as full name, date of birth, nationality, and phone number.
This is in accordance with the local regulations and Prakas of the National Bank of Cambodia on Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), which require all banks and financial institutions to identify, track, and report the personal details of every customer who makes an OTC cash transaction.
For your convenience and flexibility, take advantage of ABA’s extensive self-banking facilities available at all branches and ABA 24/7 self-banking spots. ABA customers can conveniently perform cash deposit to any ABA account without queuing in the branch. Those who do not have an ABA account yet, download the ABA Mobile app and open your first bank account instantly and for free.
Thank you for banking with us!
1Including but not limited to the followings:
- Currency exchange;
- Cash advance from a debit or credit card;
- Check paid in cash to bearer;
- Bakong user;
- Money remitters (for those whose original ID and details are not stored in the Bank’s system);
- ABA loan repayment made by non-ABA borrower;
- Deposit to account of State-Owned Enterprise (SOE) by SOE’s staff (compliance with signed bi-lateral agreement) or to account of any person (i.e., blue-chip companies).