Mobile Virtual Cards
What is Virtual Card?
Virtual Card is an instantly issued on-screen image of a card. It has all the properties and attributes of real Visa, Mastercard or UnionPay, but only exists virtually and does not have a physical carrier. With Virtual Card from ABA Bank, you can make payments or purchases exactly the same way as with real card on any online store that displays Mastercard, Visa or UnionPay logo.
- No issuance and annual fee
- Instant issuance of the card
- Safe online payments
- Notification on each transaction
- Security and anonymousness.
ABA Bank has been certified to meet the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) requirements. With ABA Bank, you can be confident that your card payments are protected by the industry's leading security measures.
How it works
Upon your request, we randomly generate virtual card number and other details that enable you to make online purchases or payments without revealing the primary account or card details. You just setup your daily purchase limit for the card and start using it.
How to issue Virtual Card in ABA Mobile
Terms and fees
|Any ABA Mobile app user
|Types of Card
|Mastercard, Visa or UnionPay
|Number of Active Virtual Cards
|Up to 5 Virtual Cards (Mastercard, Visa, and UnionPay)
|The issuance fee of $3 will be applied to the fourth and fifth cards in case of user owns more than three active cards at the same time.
|Daily Purchase Limit2
|Up to USD 5,000 per card
|Daily Purchase Count2
|Up to 30 transactions
* All Terms and Conditions are subject to ABA Bank’s sole discretion in changing without prior notice to customers.
1 Virtual Card can only be created from a USD account only.
2 You can set and change the daily purchase limit and purchase count within this range anytime. You can block and unblock the Virtual Card anytime using the ABA Mobile app.
All fees and charges are non-refundable and subject to change. ABA will communicate the change of fees and charges during your process of issuing the Virtual Card through ABA channels such as ABA Mobile Application, iBanking, or others.
How to get ABA Mobile?
Click the image below to download the app from Apple's App store, Google's Play Store or Huawei's AppGallery. After downloading, simply follow the screen instructions to start mobile banking!
Here are the essential tips to protect yourself while making payments on the Internet:
- Assure yourself of the reputation of the Internet trader before disclosing your card details. To protect the funds, we recommend to you to shop from well-known and reliable sites and traders!
- Before entering information about your card on the Internet, make sure that the address starts with (https://). This means that the entered information is encoded and cannot be captured by a scammer.
- Do not respond to an e-mail, in which someone asks you to confirm data about your card or username and password for your registration on the Internet.
- We recommend you to shop on the Internet at web sites, bearing the logo “SecureCode” and “3D-Secure” from Mastercard. These are the most contemporary systems, which provide security upon the transmission of data and payments on Internet sites.
Please remember that ABA Bank never requests the full number and information about your card or your PIN code!
The terms and conditions is developed to govern to use of ABA Virtual Mastercard (“Virtual Card”), which has been issued to you by Advanced Bank of Asia Ltd (“ABA”) by your request. By accepting and/or using this Virtual Card, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this document and the terms and conditions on using ABA Debit Card as stipulated in the following link.
The terms and conditions listed in this document do not represent all the terms and conditions under which banking products and services are provided; however, additional conditions may be implied by laws and specific terms and conditions. You are highly instructed to read this document together with General Terms and Conditions governing the use of Account and its facilities as listed in website.
- “Virtual Card” refers to VIRTUAL Mastercard or VISA card issued to you by ABA upon your instruction and eligible criterion, satisfactorily fulfilled ABA’s requirement to provide the service.
- “Account” means the bank accounts; it can be Savings, Current, or Current Plus account which you use as a funding account to fund your Virtual Card and where your transactions will be reflected.
- “You” and “your” means the individual person or legal person who have received the Victual Card and who are authorized to use the Virtual Card as provided for in this document.
- “We,” “us” and “our” mean ABA, our successors, affiliates, or assignees.
2. Your Virtual Card
The Virtual Card is a prepaid and reloadable card. You can set the balance of Virtual Card within limits provided by ABA.
3. The Virtual Card is not a Credit Card
The Virtual Card is not a gift card and not for gifting purposes. You will not receive any interest on your funds on the Card. By using Virtual Card you agree to be bound and pay fees and charges as outlined below:
- Issuance Fee: Free
- All fees and charges are not refundable.
- Fees and charges are subject to change. ABA will communicate the change of fee and charge to you during your process of purchase the Virtual Card through ABA’s channels such as ABA Mobile Application, iBanking, etc.,
- You agree to pay all fees associated with the Virtual Card.
- You agree that we may from time to time amend the above fee charges related to Virtual Card at our sole discretion. You agree that any such fee may be deducted from your Account.
4. Use of Virtual Card
If you permit another person to have access to your Virtual Card, you are liable for all transactions made with the Virtual Card, Card Number or Account Number, as well as all related fees and liabilities incurred, by those persons. You are wholly responsible for the use of each Virtual Card Number according to the terms of this document.
You may use the Virtual Card, as applicable, to purchase goods or services wherever your Virtual Card is honored as long as you do not exceed the balance available in your Account and/or defined default limit or any limit set by you. You should be aware that some merchants such as Flight Companies, Cinemas, or Hotel my require to present the physical card for proofing purposes and can reject or refuse accepting the Virtual Card; therefore, you are required to read the merchant’s Terms and conditions before you purchase the products/service. ABA is not responsible for such rejection by the merchants.
You further agree not to use your Virtual Card for illegal transactions such as pornography, gambling, or any other illegal purposes as may be deemed illegal/unacceptable to ABA.
5. Virtual Card Limit
ABA may define different limits in orders to protect and secure the use of Virtual Card. Some forms of limits are given to you, at their discretions, to define for their usage purposes. A few standard limits are listed, including but not limited to,
- Number of Active Virtual Cards is limited to 5 Virtual Cards, Mastercard and Visa cards accumulative and have been issued by any channel;
- The daily purchase limit per one Virtual Card is between USD 1.00 to USD 5,000.00. You can set and change the purchase limit within this range anytime.
- You can block and unblock the Virtual card anytime at your needs.
- Each Virtual Card will have two years validity period.
6. Authorization Holds
You do not have the right to stop payment on any purchase transaction originated by Virtual Card after transaction is authorized. When you use your Virtual Card to pay for goods or services, we will hold the amount in your account to cover the settlement. Until the transaction is finally settled, the funds subject to the hold will not be available to you for any other purpose. We will debit your account, where applicable, when there is a settlement request from acquiring bank although your Virtual Card is expired.
7. Returns and Refunds
If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for goods or services obtained with your Virtual Card, you agree to accept credit(s) to account linked to such Virtual Card for such refunds. You are not entitled to such a refund if your account has been closed.
8. Card Cancellation and Suspension
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to limit you on using the Virtual Card, including limiting or prohibiting on specific types of transactions. We may refuse to issue a Virtual Card or cancel your Virtual Card with or without prior notice. You agree to not use or allow others to use an expired, revoked, canceled, suspended, or otherwise invalid Virtual Card. Not all services described in this document are available to all persons or at channels. We reserve the right to limit, at our sole discretion, the provision of any such services to any person or in any channel. Any offer of a service in this document shall be deemed void where prohibited. We can waive or delay enforcement of any of our rights under this Agreement without losing them.
9. International Transaction Fee
If you initiate a transaction in a currency or country other than the currency or country in which your Virtual Card was issued, the amount deducted from your funds will be converted by Payment Schemes (i.e., Visa, Mastercard) into an amount in the local currency of your Virtual Card. Visa or Mastercard U.S.A. Inc. will establish a currency conversion rate for this convenience using a rate selected by Visa or Mastercard U.S.A. Inc. from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date, which may vary from the rate Visa or Mastercard U.S.A. Inc. itself receives, or the government mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date. In each instance, If you obtain your funds in a currency or country other than the currency or country in which the Virtual Card was issued, we may increase the currency conversion rate on top of the transaction amount and will retain this amount as compensation for our services. This charge is independent of and in addition to the currency conversion rate established by Visa and Mastercard U.S.A. Inc.
You should get or request a receipt at the time you make a transaction. You agree to retain your receipts to verify your transactions. In addition, you may verify your transactions in the Virtual card history and bank account statement against your purchase receipt. You agree to examine and notify us of any errors, irregularities, discrepancies, claims or unauthorised debits or items whether made, processed or paid as a result of forgery, fraud, lack of authority, negligence or otherwise by any person whatsoever.
You further agree that if you fail to advise us in writing to notify us of any errors, discrepancies, irregularities claims or unauthorised debits or items in the statement within twenty-one (21) days from, the date of the statement and notification is released, the Bank’s accounts or records shall be conclusive evidence of the transaction entries and balances in such account and you shall be deemed conclusively to have accepted all matters.
11. Obtaining Balance and Transaction Information for Your Virtual Card
You should keep track of the amount of funds available in your Account. You may obtain information about the amount of funds you have remained in your Account by logging into the ABA Mobile App or other digital channel provided by ABA.
We may disclose information to third parties about your Virtual Card or the transactions you make using your Virtual Card: (1) where it is necessary for completing transactions; (2) in order to verify the existence and condition of your Virtual Card for a third party, such as a merchant; (3) in order to comply with government agency, court order or other legal reporting requirements; (4) if you give us your written permission; (5) to our employees, auditors, affiliates, service providers or attorneys as needed.
13. Our Responsibility for Failure to Complete Transactions
In no event will we be liable for consequential damages (including lost profits), extraordinary damages, special or punitive damages. We will not be liable, for instance: (1) if, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough funds available in your Account to complete the transaction; (2) if a merchant refuses to accept your Card or provide cash back; (3) if an electronic terminal where you are making a transaction does not operate properly, and you knew about the problem when you initiated the transaction; (4) if access to your Card has been blocked after you reported your Virtual Card or Access Code lost or stolen; (5) if there is a hold or your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting their use; (6) if we have reason to believe the requested transaction is unauthorized; (7) if circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or computer or communication failure) prevent the completion of the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; or (8) for any other exception stated in our Agreement with you.
14. In Case of Errors or Questions about your Virtual Card and Linked Account
You will need to call our Call Center at (855) 23 225 333 as soon as you can, if you think an error has occurred in your Account linked to Virtual Card.
15. Lost or Stolen Cards/Unauthorized Transfers
If you believe your Virtual Card details has been stolen, call our call center telephone number (855) 23 225 333 or you may block you Virtual Card immediately using ABA Mobile Application.
16. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transactions
You agree to exercise reasonable control over your Virtual Card, PIN(s) in accessing digital services such as ABA Mobile Application, iBanking, etc., OTP, Username; and Password(s) and any other access code related to your Account through digital channels. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Virtual Card, and/or OTP has been lost or stolen. Also, if your transaction history shows transactions that you did not make, including those made with your Card Number or Account Number, or you believe an transaction has been made without your permission, inform us AT ONCE OR BLOCK YOU CARD IMMEIDATELY.
You are liable for all transactions posted to your account linked to Virtual Card. It is at your sole responsibility to keep your banking details, including but not limited to, Username, PIN, Card Number, Expiry Date, OTP, etc.,
17. Amendment and Cancellation
We may amend or change the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. You will be notified of any change in the manner provided by applicable law before the effective date of the change. However, if the change is made for security purposes, we can implement such change without prior notice. We may cancel or suspend your Card or this Agreement at any time.
18. No Warranty Regarding Goods and Services
We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services you purchase with your Virtual Card. It is your responsibility to check and work with merchant to ensure that your get goods and service as agreed in the purchased term.