Protect yourself from QR code scams
Dear valued customers,
We became aware of a scamming activity involving QR codes at stores where scammers print and affix their own QR codes over legitimate merchant QR codes. As a result, when a customer scans such a code to make a payment, the funds are redirected to the scammer's account.
To ensure the security of payers and receivers, we would like to provide you with some essential guidelines to follow when you pay with QR codes:
- Verify the receiver’s identity by seeing their name and account details before performing any transaction.
- Double-check the name of the receiver of your payment/transfer on the screen of your ABA Mobile app before performing any transaction.
- After completing a transaction, encourage the merchant/seller to check their bank account or any other relevant notifications to ensure the payment has been received.
- Always verify that the funds are deposited into your account by checking your bank statement and/or mobile notification(s).
- Take advantage of our Telegram Notification feature. By setting up a Telegram group for your transactions, you will receive instant notifications whenever a payment is completed. This will allow your group members and staff to monitor the transactions together. See how to set up your Telegram Group notifications here.
It is crucial for both parties to remain vigilant and take necessary precautions to protect themselves from falling victim to any fraudulent activities.
We at ABA are fully committed to protecting our valued customers and strongly urge you to share this information with your family and friends to help protect them from such scams.
If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@ or via 1 800 203 203 (toll-free calls within Cambodia). ababank.com
Thank you for banking with us!