ABA retains the Best Bank in Cambodia title in 2023 by Euromoney magazine
ABA Bank, Cambodia's largest commercial bank1, has received its tenth consecutive prestigious "Best Bank in Cambodia" title from Euromoney, one of the world's most prominent and trustworthy financial magazines. The award ceremony for winners took place in Hong Kong and gathered top banking professionals from across the globe.
The recognition is a testament to ABA Bank's continued dedication to excellence and customer satisfaction. Euromoney applauded ABA's commitment to providing innovative banking solutions, solid expansion strategies, and remarkable growth in the Cambodian market.
The decision to confer ABA Bank with the esteemed "Best Bank in Cambodia 2023" title was further reinforced by the notable progress and enhancements made to its cutting-edge digital platform, such as:
- ABA Junior Account, giving children aged 10+ access to the modern banking app in which they can view their balance in real-time, make local transfers and payments, and save money by themselves;
- Launch of ABA Card Machines that allow users of ABA Mobile to issue local and international cards in under 2 minutes without branch staff interaction;
- Manulife Soksabay insurance plan that ABA Bank customers can purchase from Manulife Cambodia quickly via ABA Mobile;
- Further upgrade of its unique ABA Merchant app, which allows businesses to receive payments and manage their trading activities quickly and efficiently;
- The continuous growth of the ABA 24/7 self-banking network, where ABA customers can make cash deposits/withdrawals, deposit checks, and issue bank cards free of charge.
"This continuous recognition by Euromoney validates our dedication to providing our customers with the highest level of service and innovative solutions," said Askhat Azhikhanov, CEO of ABA Bank. "We are proud of our achievements and grateful to our loyal customers for their trust and support."
As the largest commercial bank in the Kingdom, ABA has gained recognition for delivering unparalleled digital financial services to various clients, including SMEs, microbusinesses, and individuals. As of 30 June 2023, the bank's total assets surged to an impressive $10.4 billion, while the total number of customers neared 3 million.
About Euromoney's Awards for Excellence
Euromoney's Awards for Excellence were established in 1992 and are the global benchmark for the banking industry. These annual awards cover over 20 international product categories, best-in-class awards in all regions, and the best banks in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
Euromoney's award decisions are made by a committee of senior journalists chaired by Euromoney's editor, following the receipt of detailed submissions from market participants and extensive year-round research into the banking and capital markets in the region by editors, journalists, and research team.
1 ABA Bank is the largest commercial bank in Cambodia in terms of total assets, gross loans, customer deposits, and profitability based on the National Bank of Cambodia’s Annual Supervision Report 2022.