Bakong – ABA Transfers
ABA Bank is a member of Bakong mobile payment system initiated by the National Bank of Cambodia. Under this membership, ABA customers can send and receive money between ABA Mobile app and Bakong Mobile app, use QR codes to receive money and do cashless payments for products and services.
Learn how to register in Bakong Mobile app by watching this video. Please note that for registration in Bakong Mobile app ABA customer should use the same name, national ID/passport details and date of birth as when opening their ABA account.
How to send money to Bakong wallet via ABA Mobile
- Launch ABA Mobile and tap Transfers button;
- Select Transfer to Bakong;
- Select ABA account to make the transfer from;
- Enter the recipient’s Bakong wallet number;
- Choose KHR or USD as the currency of your transfer1;
- Enter the amount2 and confirm the transaction with your ABA Mobile PIN.
1 Cross-currency transfers are not allowed, so the transfer currency and account currency should be the same.
2 The balance of Bakong Wallet cannot exceed 10,000,000 KHR or 2,500 USD.
|KHR||4,000 - 400,000||2,000|
|USD||1 - 100||0.5|
|Currency||Daily Limit||Monthly Limit|
- Single transaction limit is 4,000 – 400,000 KHR or 1 – 100 USD.
- User must have an active ABA account and choose ABA as home bank during registration in the Bakong Mobile app.
- The balance of Bakong wallet cannot exceed 10,000,000 KHR or 2,500 USD.
How to receive money from Bakong wallet to ABA account
- Launch Bakong Mobile app and tap Deposit button;
- Select Advanced Bank of Asia Ltd.;
- Key in your ABA Bank account number;
- Enter the amount you wish to send;
- Confirm the transfer with your Bakong app PIN.
- The transaction from Bakong wallet to ABA Bank account is free of charge.
- Cross-currency transfers are not allowed, so the transfer currency and account currency should be the same.
How to cash-in and cash-out
Any Bakong user can visit ABA Bank’s Operational Hall of the Head Office Branch on Preah Sihanouk Blvd in Phnom Penh to cash-in or cash-out funds to/from their Bakong wallet with the following fees:
Cash-in to Bakong wallet
|Currency||Single cash-in amount||Fee|
|KHR||0 – 1,996,000||2,000|
|2,000,000 – 5,996,000||4,000|
|6,000,000 – 10,000,000||6,000|
|USD||0 - 499||0.50|
|500 - 1,499||1.00|
|1,500 - 2,500||1.50|
Cash-out from Bakong wallet
|Currency||Single cash-out amount||Fee|
|KHR||0 - 2,000,000||2,000|
|USD||0 - 500||0.50|
Contact us instantly without leaving the ABA Mobile app by tapping the Contact Us button on the app’s main screen. Additionally, you can chat with us via Facebook Messenger, on our website or call us 24/7 hotline at 023 225 333.
If you do not remember your Passcode, please visit ABA Bank’s Operational Hall of the Head Office Branch located at #141 and 148 ABCD, Preah Sihanouk Blvd and St. 63 to create the new Recovery QR code and Passcode.
Step 1: Go to Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download Bakong app on the new phone
Step 2: Launch Bakong Mobile app and choose language
Step 3: Tap the Restore Access button
Step 4: Select ABA Bank and tap Scan QR button
Step 5: Scan the Recovery QR code that you saved in somewhere safe, enter your Passcode and tap Next
Step 6: Create new PIN code and reconfirm.
If you do not have both the Recovery QR code and Passcode, please visit ABA Bank’s Operational Hall of the Head Office Branch located at #141 and 148 ABCD, Preah Sihanouk Blvd and St. 63 to create the new Recovery QR code and Passcode.