Send Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions are an Agreement between you (the “Sender”), and Advanced Bank of Asia Limited (the “Bank”) on MoneyGram money transfer service (the “Service”).
The Service allows you to send a money transfer (the “Transfer”) to an individual (the “Receiver“) in any of the available Moneygram locations across the World, and allows the Receiver (i) to collect cash at a MoneyGram location (“cash pickup” service); or, if available, (ii) to receive money into his/her bank account (“bank deposit” service).
- The Sender confirms that the provided information is true and correct and the Bank is not responsible for any delays, errors and omissions caused by misprinting and/or inaccuracy of the Sender.
- The Sender undertakes that his/her user name, PIN code, passwords and all other credentials necessary for using of ABA Bank mobile application, were not disclosed to third parties.
- The Sender confirms that he/she is using mobile application for his/her own transactions only, and does not conduct any transactions on behalf of third parties.
- The Sender authorizes the Bank to postpone, suspend or cancel the Transfer if the Bank found that it may be related to unlawful conduct and/or breach of any national or international laws or regulations.
- The Sender undertakes that the Transfer is not related to any illegal activities and/or money laundering and/or terrorism finance. The Bank has the right to reject or suspend any transactions if required for AML/KYC purposes.
- The Sender undertakes to provide additional information and/or documents related to the Transfer if requested by the Bank.
- The Sender authorizes the Bank to debit his/her account for the Transfer amount and amount of fees.
- The Sender understands and confirms that fees and exchange rates are provided by MoneyGram and MoneyGram’s exchange rates will be applied to process transfers in foreign currencies.
- If the money is not collected by the Receiver within 45 days, MoneyGram may recalculate the converted amount at the exchange rates valid at the time of collection. In such case, the USD amount returned to the Sender might differ from the sent amount.
- The Transfer will be performed for personal purposes only, no commercial transactions of any nature are allowed. Neither MoneyGram nor the Bank shall be responsible for any losses resulting from transfers for investment or business purposes, or for purchase of goods or services.
- The Service may not be used for escrow purposes or gambling, and may only be used for a lawful purpose. The Sender also understands and confirms that if he/she is making a transfer to someone who turns out to have defrauded him/her, or who fails to meet their obligations, the Bank and MoneyGram will not be liable as a result.
- The Bank may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time with or without prior notice.
- The Bank may disclose the Transfer information to third parties in accordance with the legislation of the Kingdom of Cambodia including, but not limited by, court decisions, investigations and regulations. The Sender also understands and agrees that the information about his/her transfer will be available to MoneyGram, and that such information might be disclosed to third parties in accordance with the legislations and regulations of the countries of MoneyGram operations.
- The Bank is not responsible for any taxes, duties and other expenses, which might occur in relation to the Transfer.
- Neither MoneyGram nor the Bank shall have any liability for any late or non-delivery of funds due to errors or delays occurring in the wire electronic transmission, equipment or system failure, strikes that are beyond the control of MoneyGram or the Bank or any incorrect or unclear information given by the Sender or the Receiver.
- The Bank and MoneyGram may apply certain limits, such as per transaction, per month, per customer, etc. Such limits could change from time to time with or without prior notice.
- The Bank and MoneyGram may refuse to send the money or allow it to be collected if they reasonably believe that: (a) by doing so they might break any law, regulation, code or other duty that applies to them; (b) doing so may expose them to action from any government or regulator; or (c) it may be linked with fraudulent or illegal activity.
- In case of amendment or cancellation the Sender indemnifies the Bank from any demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses related to such amendment or cancellation. Transaction can be cancelled only before the Receiver collects or receives the money, and subject to MoneyGram consent.
- The Sender understands and agrees that some fees are not refundable. The Sender also understands that for bank deposit service the Receiver’s bank may apply its own fees and charges, which are out of the Bank or MoneyGram control.
- The Bank will return the Sender’s funds only upon receipt of funds from MoneyGram. The Sender understands and agrees that the Bank might charge its fees, and the applied exchange rate may be changed resulting in returned USD amount being less than the sent amount.
- Upon completion of the money transfer, the Sender must provide MoneyGram Reference Number (PIN Number) to the Receiver. The Sender must be cautious in sharing MoneyGram Reference Number, and is solely responsible for keeping the MoneyGram Reference Number confidential and unavailable to third parties. The Bank will not be responsible for any losses resulting from improper use or disclosure of the MoneyGram Reference Number or transaction information by the Sender or the Receiver to any third parties.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Fraud Warning About Your Money Transfer
Keep your money safe. If any of the below apply, DO NOT SEND the money transfer. It’s a scam and someone is trying to steal your money. If you send money, it can be paid out quickly, and you may not be able to get a refund.
#1 Never transfer money to a stranger. Know who you are dealing with. A money transfer is like cash.
#2 Never send money in the following situations:
- To make a charity donation or to pay an internet merchant for supplies during a pandemic, natural disaster, or other crisis
- To receive money (examples: lottery winnings, prize, job offer or loan)
- To pay a government taxing authority or the police
- To buy a car, puppy, another unique or high-value item, or to make an apartment deposit
#3 Never send money without checking out the story. Reach out to that friend or family member you heard is in need first.
#4 If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
#5 Never give your transaction reference number to anyone other than the person you intend to receive the money. Sellers and telemarketers can’t take money transfer payments from people in the US for something they’re selling through telemarketing.
If you’ve lost money to a scam via MoneyGram, call MoneyGram at +1 720 362 5024, OR 1800209536 or visit www.moneygram.com to file a fraud report.