SWIFT Operations Officer
Posted: 18/May/2021 - Closing Date: 17/Jun/2021
To verify, validate and process SWIFT’s Outward Telegraphic Transfer (OTT) and solve all discrepancies for both Inward and Outward Telegraphic Transfer (ITT and OTT) in accurate and timely manner to ensure full compliance, satisfy customers’ demands and minimize risk associated with it.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (01 post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify, validate and process payment, information and supporting references from branches and internal team on SWIFT OTT to ensure all required fields are completed and accurate following the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Conduct payment initiates in SWIFT System by selecting the correct Message Type (MT) and enter accurate information based on SWIFT Mandatory field to avoid errors, which can potentially affect the Bank’s reputation and financial loss.
- Keep track of SWIFT OTT Status (Acknowledge “ACK” or Non-Acknowledge “NACK”) in order to finalize the payment or re-submit the payment (if NACK) in timely manner.
- Communicate and send email to branches or customers if the message received from the correspondent banks requires additional information or the information provided is invalid.
- Sort and stamp daily OTT payments based on correspondent banks and ensure proper recordings and filing of all transactions made.
- Retrieve any SWIFT documents if requested from authorized parties.
- Reconcile daily SWIFT transactions at End of Day (EOD) to verify and fix any errors in timely manner and submit to line manager for further action.
- Provide fast and win-win solutions in regard to SWIFT operations by ensuring compliance and efficiency.
- Keep track on daily report and escalate critical issues/suspects to line manager or relevant stakeholders for a timely and proper solution.
- Handle tasks assigned by Line Manager.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree or fresh graduate in International Relations, Accounting, or relevant field.
- Demonstrated initiative ideas and ability to propose such ideas for better improvement of the operations.
- Strong dedication to details and accuracy.
- Good flexibility, interpersonal, team work and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use and communicate in both Khmer and English and/or other languages.
- Basic Microsoft Office and Bank’s software.
- Good math skills and ability to spot numerical errors.
- Basic understanding of banking operations.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through [email protected]ababank.com.