Senior Financial Audit Officer – Specialized in Law
Posted: 08/Jun/2021 - Closing Date: 08/Jul/2021
To provide support to Head of Financial Audit Unit related to auditing programs such as annual planning of audit activities, performing an engagement, performing the audit fieldwork, writing the internal audit report, following up the recommendation, direct and coach the subordinate staff. Moreover, he/she is responsible to ensure that all the risks related in each business process in Head Office Audit Mandates are properly analyzed, covered and executed.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (01 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a leading subject-matter expert, applying high-level analytical skill and specialist expertise to support decision making.
- Examine and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control system of the bank, specifically for the Business Unit of Head Office as assigned by management of Internal Audit Division.
- Development of internal audit procedures and technique to analyze the effectiveness of internal control system of the bank in order to keep the efficiency and effectiveness of audit work.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations were implemented by all staff and management of the Bank.
- Ensure risk identification operationally is performed effectively, reducing where possible, the scope of the review without reducing the provision of assurance.
- Motivate, guide and direct staff on audits to ensure achievement of developmental initiatives and promote effective teamwork.
- Ensure the accuracy and correctly of audit report.
- Deliver appropriate assurance through quality audit reports supported by appropriate audit evidence.
- Develop audit messages and recommendations that are value adding, material, show foresight are timely, commercial and pragmatic.
- Ensure line management buy into the audit findings while also proactively and effectively managing any disconnect in opinions that may arise between parties during audit assignment.
- Ensure relevant management of ABA Bank keep informed of progress of audit assignment, areas of concerns, open and overdue recommendation/issue.
- Ensure timely performance of internal audit work for both comprehensive and surprise audit.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Complete trainings assigned by Group Company in a quarterly basis.
- Ensure productive use of resources (self and others).
- Ensure active and professional communication and engagement with business units of the Bank.
- Other tasks assigned by Management.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (optional).
- Minimum five years of experience in law.
- Minimum three years of experience in external/internal auditing field.
- Certificate in Internal Audit (optional).
- Experience on risk-based approach.
- Experience on finance and banking industries.
- Experience work field related to laws and regulations in banking industries.
- Knowledge with NBC laws and regulations, including AML/CFT.
- Good in English communication (verbal and written).
- Project management (supervision, follow-up, time management and quality).
- Good teamwork.
- Stakeholders management.
- Able to work under pressure and hard worker.
- Opened mind and self-improvement.
- Positive attitude.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through [email protected]ababank.com.