Senior Database Administrator
Posted: 21/Oct/2021 - Closing Date: 22/Nov/2021
As a senior DBA, you will be mainly responsible for planning database backup, restoration and recovery. In addition, you will be in charge of preparing database high availability.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (01 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning database backup, recovery.
- Installation and updating of new software – install new versions of MS SQL Server , Mysql, Postgres, Mongo, Oracle and other software related to Management Tool.
- Maintaining secure storage of databases backup.
- Arranging stand-by database, Database clustering and disaster recovery of databases.
- Troubleshooting any database problems.
- Ensuring maximum uptime.
- Ensuring maximum performance.
- Maintenance of database servers.
- Database Housekeeping.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges of databases.
- Development and testing support – helping programmer and software engineers to efficiently utilize the database.
- Monitor and analyze database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes.
- Apply security database patch (Quarterly).
- Restoring database to testing environment (UAT) to ensure that the backups are fully recoverable and functioning.
- BCP and DR switching task.
- Support all Banking system -During EOD operation time.
- Monthly and yearly analysis database growth for planning resources.
- Monthly, Yearly restoring testing database.
- Monthly , Quarterly, Rearly review database assurance.
- Monitor Database Daily checklist.
- Responsible for preparing standard databases procedure and policy documents.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- SQL Server, Mysql, Postgres Database Administrator Certified is preferable.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as DBA including experience installing, configuring, designing, patching, archiving, and monitoring to include performance tuning databases with indexing.
- Extensive experience with query tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience with backup/recovery best practices.
- Experience utilizing various high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for SQL Server, Mysql, Postgres, Mongodb.
- Working knowledge of data encryption techniques and database querying and management tools.
- Experience with Linux System Administration.
- Must be available to work night time shift.
- Be honest, quick learner, flexible and punctual.
- Willing to work as a team.
- Willing to obey the rule and discipline.
- Willing to learn new technology and more self-motivation and self-study.
- Good English and Khmer communication (both written and spoken).
- Able to work longer hours under minimum supervision and under pressure.
- Able to solve problem independently.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through [email protected]ababank.com.