Head of AML/CFT Unit
Posted:08/05/2018 -Closing Date:30/06/2018
Head of AML/CFT Unit is responsibl for ensure the performance of transaction monitoring, the enhanced due diligence activities on high risk customers and the sanction and PEP screening. The candidate shall play a role to conduct quality control on the team while review the result of above mentioned activities.
The candidate will need cooperate with branches and business unit to provide advices on AML/CFT and regulatory compliance matter. And therefore, the candidate shall also have a strong background on banking regulations and business law.
The candidate will mostly work with various business lines of business as part of enhanced due diligence process, and if capable enough, the candidate will also be allocated for system enhancement, testing and calibration of sanction list screening.
On ad hoc basis, the candidate will also assign to conduct classroom and online training together with the senior as well as to attend various external meetings. The candidate will less frequently travel to any provinces.
Head Office, Phnom Penh (1 post)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective monitoring of transaction alerts and high-risk customers through either manual and automated system.
- Review all red flags and STR and build up cases before report to Head of Compliance Department and submission to CAFIU.
- Ensure effective verification on sanction list and watchlist screening result.
- Review all PEP list before sending to Head of Department for senior management approval.
- Take control on case of fraud and compliance and resolve the case by working closely with other units including local authorities.
- Participate in system design and testing such as enhancement of transaction monitoring parameters and watchlist calibration activities.
- Provide training to line of business such as induction, refresher and specialized courses.
- Produce necessary reports both for internal and regulatory requirements.
- Control on staff KPI and initiate additional enhanced and corrective measures.
- Collaborate with other business unit in providing advices on new product and services.
- Collaborate with international operations department to perform risk assessment for relationship with FIs.
- Draft necessary operating procedures.
- Other adhoc tasks will be assigned as needed.
Skills and Specifications
- At least Bachelor Degree in Finance & Banking, Law, Business Management or other related fields. International literate is a plus;
- At least 3 year experience in financial sector, preferably commercial bank;
- Knowledge in Cambodian banking regulations and international best practices;
- Knowledge and background fo FATCA is a plus;
- Good analytical skill, logical thinking, research, decision making and initiative;
- Computer literate, in particular MS-Office application;
- Good communication and written in Khmer and English. France will be a plus;
- Good interpersonal communication skill and team work;
- Honest, flexibility and smart working.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only your updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via application below.