AML/CFT Compliance Officer, EDD
Posted: 19/Jul/2021 - Closing Date: 20/Aug/2021
To ensure a robust and consistent application of AML/CFT Enhanced Due Diligence processes according to the AML/CFT policies and related procedure through reviewing customer profile and assessing its risk of ML/FT.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (01 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts periodic Enhanced Due Diligence reviews of higher risk customers, including politically exposed persons (and financial institutions and products if need be).
- Ensure priority management in conducting EDD reviews and customer profile updates.
- Identify specific risks and if needed apply mitigation measures based on risks and procedures.
- Request additional information from the business lines when needed and follow up.
- Document findings in a clear and precise manner and attach relevant documents.
- Prepare approval form documents for presentation to senior management and compliance committee.
- Complete STR’s timely and to a high standard of quality.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Ensure implementation of the Bank’s policy and procedure to be in line with the National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) and National Bank of Canada (BNC) standards.
- Ensure all banking product/service development, core business areas and operational activities are compliant with NBC and local regulatory requirements.
- Review customer risk profiles and perform enhanced due diligence (EDD) and customer updates as per the EDD framework or FI’s risk assessment.
- Review customer transactions to detect and deter money laundering and terrorist financing and, if needed, file Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR) as per the transaction monitoring procedure.
- Review sanction screening alerts on sanctioned individual and entities, countries, politically exposed persons and negative news to determine if it involves ABA customer and apply measures as per the sanction alert screening procedure.
- Actively work to understand diverse business lines and ABA products and keep knowledgeable about AML/CFT regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all dealings with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure timely action and reporting requirement to line manager.
- Promote a culture of compliance risk awareness among staff of the units at all time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance & Banking, Law, or other related fields.
- Less than one year of professional experiences in banking and finance industry preferably in compliance, risk, and internal or external audit.
- Basic understanding of AML and CFT.
- Good analytical skill, and logical thinking.
- Good command in Khmer and English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Effective teamwork, communication and presentation skills.
- Good math skills and ability to spot numerical errors.
- Strong dedication to accuracy and efficiency.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through [email protected]ababank.com.