Training and Development Specialist
Posted:17/10/2019 -Closing Date:18/11/2019
Handles the learning and professional development of all level staff in the organization. S/he help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees ‘skills, enabling them to fulfill their potential within the organization. Increasingly, s/he are required to be strategic rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within an organization and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills. The position also involves creation of training materials such as case studies, PowerPoint Presentation, worksheet handouts, etc. and may also include writing of newsletters and other material as required by each individual training program.
- Head Office (1 post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Indentify training and development needs through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with Business and Functional Managers.Ensure all competencies are addressed and kept up to date.
- Develop interesting and engaging methods of delivering training to staff.
- Assist staff in their understanding of the course content and provide support to staff undertaking training.
- Work collaboratively and co-operatively with subject matter expert to provide support to employees in line with ABA goals and values.
- Comply with Policy and Procedures in relation to training and organization operations.
- Maintain up-to-date information and knowledge of relevant changes to courses and training requirements.
- Develop training an annual training calendar.
- Ensure that staff training and development are on-going features of the organization.
- Conduct training session where appropriate.
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor Degree.
- Minimum one year of full-time office experience or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrate capacity to develop Policy and Procedure.
- Demonstrate capacity to communicate Policy and Procedure and service direction with varying degrees of complexity.
- Well-developed oral and written communication, consultation and negotiation skills.
- Intermediate of Computer literacy (using MS Office).
- Capabilities of computer system, application, and hardware.
- Functional level of English literacy and competency in documentation.
- Sound planning an organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only their updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via the Application form below.