Senior Micro Business Loan Officer
Posted: 14/Sep/2020 - Closing Date: 13/Oct/2020
To process and analyze micro business loan application by conducting credit investigations, scoring, credit checking and other underwriting activities in order to ensure good lending and loan quality of the branch as well as to coach, mentor and train less experienced Micro Business Loan Officers and new comers to ensure all operational support and lending functions are accurately performed in accordance with the Bank’s micro business loan policies as well as adhere to the government and NBC regulations.
- Chraoy Changvar Branch, Phnom Penh (1 post).
- Chbar Ampov Branch, Phnom Penh (2 posts).
- Independent Branch, Phnom Penh (1 post).
- Toul Kork Branch, Phnom Penh (1 post).
- Kompong Speu Branch (2 posts).
- Ratanakiri Branch (2 posts).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicit both potentially existing and new clients in accordance with the guidelines stated in the micro business loan policies and procedures to ensure the secured loans.
- On-board new micro business loans to ensure delivery of disbursement target.
- Explain to clients the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services for further cross-selling.
- Collect all clients’ required documents for loan application to ensure their eligibility for having it approved.
- Conduct credit investigation to analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, property evaluations, repayment capacity to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Gather valid applicants’ financial records by obtaining and compiling copies of clients’ credit histories, corporate financial statement and other financial information in order to prevent them from being conned.
- Conduct a site visit during loan assessment process to obtain in-depth information concerning to the purpose of customer’s loan application and ensure sufficient and acceptable loan security.
- Make the regular site visits to existing customers in order to determine whether the loan should stay the same or be downgraded due to the actual condition of their loan collateral and/or financial situation as well as to develop relationship with customers for further cross-selling.
- Follow up delinquent client immediately and refer such case to the supervisor in order to proactively handle the branch loan portfolio.
- Process registration of title deeds at local authority and land office to acquire the legal evidence of client’s ownership rights of the property.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customer needs.
- Handle complex customers’ issues whenever Micro Business Loan Officers could not by remaining calm and executing the excellent customer service principles to find an amicable solution for all.
- Resolve team routine and complex issues to maintain productivities and morale.
- Act as a role model within the team to question, listen and give actionable feedback carefully in order to create a productive work atmosphere towards “speak up culture”.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and banking, accounting or any relevant field.
- Minimum two years of working experiences in banking and financial services industry with a strong track record in granting loans.
- Excellent knowledge of the bank branch operations, rules and regulations, laws, granting loans, and credit risk management.
- Ability to use and communicate in both Khmer and English.
- Proficient Microsoft Office and Bank’s software.
- Good sales and customer services skills.
- Good math skills and ability to spot numerical errors.
- Good problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skill.
- Strong dedication to accuracy and efficiency.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through recruitment(at)ababank.com.