Posted:18/04/2019 -Closing Date:17/05/2019
The Legal Officer is responsible for checking and reviewing the completed legal documents such as loan agreement, security agreement etc, before and after the loan disbursement. Preparation of legal documents for court action by working with a lawyer is also included.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (1 post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the bank’s branches for review the legal documents such as loan agreement, security agreement, and others before and after the loan disbursement.
- To conduct the training orientation regarding the legal documents.
- To assist, advise, and coordinate to branches/departments for properly using legal Agreement.
- Verify the legal documents before submitting to the competent courts.
- Undertake domestic and international legal research tasks.
- File and process the court action in accordance with lawyer and/or internally through the ABA Bank.
- To check all legal documents including security agreement before loan disbursement to ensure that bank's legal rights are protected by the execution agreements and security is legally respected.
- To translate and interpret contract and legal documents required by the bank management through approval from Head of Legal Department.
- To conform the proper contacts and legal documents for execution.
- To file all the executed contracts within the contracts filing system and ensure material contracts are audit ready for diligence activities.
- Communicate with governmental authorities and courts to address any issue on the bank’s operation.
- To perform any other related duties as required by head of legal department.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor in law or related field.
- At least one year experience in legal.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Honesty, reliability, and a commitment to strict confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and committed to self-improvement.
- Adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only their updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via the Application form below.