Posted: 18/Nov/2020 - Closing Date: 18/Dec/2020
To review branch’s legal documents as well as to conduct legal documents orientations to branches/head office to ensure legal compliance of the Bank to Cambodia’s Laws and Regulations.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (01 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- File and process the court action with all internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Bank to protect the Bank’s interests;
- Verify legal documents before submitting to the competent courts to eliminate any errors;
- Translate and interpret contracts, agreements and legal documents required to ensure lawfulness and accuracy of the documents;
- Communicate with governmental authorities and courts to address any issues on the Bank’s operations;
- Check all legal documents including security agreements before loan disbursement to ensure that the Bank’s legal rights is protected;
- Conform proper contracts and legal documents for the purpose of executions;
- Undertake local and international legal research tasks to ensure up-to-date of applicable laws;
- Gather, classify and file all executed contracts into the contract filing system and ensure contracts are audited and ready for diligence activities;
- Maintain, file, and update all related legal regulations regarding applicable laws and regulations in order to minimize risks for related functions;
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with all ABA specialists and senior managers to enhance a collaborative working environment;
- Provide legal advisories and guidance for assigned branches in accordance to established policies and regulations to avoid any violation of the Law;
- Review legal documents including but not limited to loan agreement, security agreement as such before and after loan disbursement to minimize risks associated with the agreement;
- Conduct training and orientation of the agreement, contract and related legal documents to branches’ and related internal staff for proper usage of mentioned documents;
- Perform other tasks as assigned from upper management.
Skills and Specification
- Fresh graduate or bachelor’s degree in Law;
- Knowledge in various general law such as civil law, criminal law, enterprise law, contract law, and labor law;
- Ability to draft legal documents, contracts, agreements, letters both in Khmer and English with high standard format in accordance to Cambodia’s context;
- Excellent research skills and writing skills in legal term;
- Ability to use and communicate professionally in both Khmer and English;
- Proficient Microsoft Office and Bank’s software;
- Honesty, reliability, and commitment to strict confidentiality;
- Strong problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skill;
- Strong dedication to accuracy;
- Highly motivated and dynamic personality.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through [email protected]ababank.com.