Deputy Head of Taxation Unit
Posted:27/05/2019 -Closing Date:27/06/2019
To provided support to Head of Salary and Taxation Unit to properly comply with Law of Taxation, including monthly, yearly and ad-hoc basis. This responsible is also including preparation of documentation, filing system and researching of any updated law and regulation impact to the Bank. He/she is also responsible to comply with law and regulation of related ministries other than General Department of Taxation such as Ministry of Commerce, City Hall, Ministry of Information…….etc.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (1 post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily closely work with payment team to monitor the transaction on daily basis whether each transaction is subject to any tax according to law on taxation
- Advise to payment team the way to make tax avoidance according to law on taxation.
- Communicate to vendor to explain them on obligation per law on taxation, if any request from respective department or management.
- Closely works with the team member to produce the properly working paper in preparation monthly and year tax return.
- Responsible for monthly and yearly tax return is timely and properly declared to GDT and MOC, including withholding tax, TOP, tax on logo/billboard,…….etc.
- Comply with internal filing system to ensure that all documents and data related to tax works in both hardcopy and softcopy are well maintained.
- Review the various the contracts and formal advice to respective team/departments in documentation to comply with local law and regulation.
- Daily review the reconciliation report/work of tax team to GL account and closely work with the team to investigate for any unreasonable movement or variance and propose solution. Design procedures, processes of documentation and filing system, including hardcopy and softcopy related to tax work and propose to management for approval.
- Respond to related tax correspondence/issues and keep research to new law and regulation as they arise.
- Design training course and material to regularly provide training to the team on annual basis and ad-hoc basis>Coordinate with tax auditor, external auditor and internal auditor to support their audit work.
- Detail review the tax assessment raised by tax auditor and keep professional challenge with their assessment.
- Provide a clear image of the tax assessment in detail for management review with ensuring that the assessment is properly made before submitting to management for review.
- Other works as assigned by management.
Skills, Specifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Has strong knowledge in law on taxation and updated Prakas and Circulars of General Department of Taxation, including patent tax, stamp tax and billboard tax.
- Has strong knowledge in law and regulation required by Ministry of Commerce.
- Has experiences in tax declaration and filling all various type of tax forms such as monthly tax return and annually tax return.
- Has a good challenging skill.
- Has strong capacity to raise up the comments/solutions to managements to ensure properly comply with local taxation law with keep maintain the Bank’s benefit.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Act with a sense of urgency and is corporately nimble.
- Good English in listening, speaking and writing.
- Has a strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated project management and problem solving and ability skills to find creative solutions.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit only their updated covering letter and CV stating the position you apply for with current photo (4x6) via the Application form below.