Deputy District Branch Manager
Posted: 27/Nov/2020 - Closing Date: 31/Dec/2020
To act as second-in-charge in overseeing daily operations, deposit and lending functions within an assigned District Branch to implement and monitor the District Branch’s sales towards its set targets by providing planning, continuous improvements and training to staff and maintaining communication between District Branch and upper management as well as to keep customers satisfied and continued profitability of the District Branch.
- Chhuk District Branch (1 post)
- Peam Ro District Branch (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor all staff’s implementation of the Bank’s 5-star service standard and ensure consistency of service quality and delivery in order to meet and exceed customer expectations as well as to retain the District Branch’s key accounts.
- Drive team to achieve the District Branch’s set targets (KPIs) both deposits and loan targets by monitoring a quality loan portfolio of the lending team and all routines related transactions both within front-end and back-end District Branch operations.
- Manage the District Branch’s implementation of new products and programs to help provide a better customer services and stimulate new growth.
- Create effective referral networks, including internal business relationship, existing customers and other local market activities to broadly promote the District Branch’s products and services.
- Discuss with district branch manager regarding strategic plan from Head Office and develop action plan within District Branch market areas to improve public’s trust, sales and cross-selling of the District Branch.
- Educate staff consistently and arrange staff training by working closely with relevant departments on the Bank’s policies and procedures as well as the District Branch’s operational standards and requirements to minimize District Branch’s operational risk.
- Attend the District Branch regular meeting to keep the team be informed of obtained information and vice versa, strengthen the team’s collaboration as well as to help provide better inputs or action plans to achieve each individual KPIs.
- Maintain a superior knowledge of the features and benefits of the Bank’s products and services to efficiently train and motivate staff to cross-sell them.
- Keep a close eye on the Bank’s local competitors for what they are doing and how they are performing to make an effective plan to gain the market share.
- Maintain communication between the District Branch and upper management by preparing daily, weekly, and month-end reports of the District Branch.
- Oversee overall administration and finance of the Bank District Branch to ensure proper and secure recording and keeping of all transactional banking activities.
- Resolve major staff complex issues and provide amicable solutions for all to maintain staff motivation and retention.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and banking, accounting or any relevant field.
- Minimum three years of working experiences in banking and financial services industry a strong track record in financial product and service sales or granting loans with one year of supervisory experiences.
- Excellent knowledge of MFI branch operations, cash operations, banking rules and regulations, laws, and all policies and procedures pertaining to them, including but not limited to the AML and CFT law, loan policies, procedures and lending authority.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Hand-on experiences with managing teller line, relationship management, customer services, and cash management.
- Ability to use and communicate in both Khmer and English.
- Proficient Microsoft Office and Bank’s software.
- Excellent sales and customer services skills.
- Good math skills and ability to spot numerical errors.
- Good leadership, management, problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skill.
- Strong dedication to accuracy and efficiency.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through [email protected]ababank.com.