AML/CFT Compliance Officer, Transaction Monitoring
Posted: 14/Oct/2020 - Closing Date: 13/Nov/2020
To ensure a robust and consistent application of AML/CFT Transaction Monitoring processes according to the AML/CFT policies and related procedure through detecting and deterring ML/FT across the use of products and services at ABA.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (1 posts).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review alerts and manage complex investigations involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts, tiered and multi-faceted transactions; international wires involving designated high-risk jurisdictions, and complex structuring schemes to identify potential money laundering, terrorist financing or other financial crimes.
- Use independent and professional judgment when reviewing AML/CFT cases in addition to all policies and procedures and meet regulatory standards.
- Utilize and propose internal and external investigation technology and research techniques.
- Document findings in a clear and precise manner and attach relevant documents.
- Based on documented findings, the compliance officer will draft a written narrative outlining in detail the results and as appropriate, escalate in accordance with documented procedures.
- Complete STR’s timely and to a high standard of quality.
- Create manual alerts for other red flags and requests.
- Manage alert process delays (timeline) to ensure completion in due time.
- Apply mitigation measures based on the mitigation procedure and inform management of such measures (required).
- Promptly escalate critical cases to management.
- Request and follow-up additional information from the business lines.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete answers to correspondent banks and FIU when required.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of Cash Transaction Reports (CTR) and Suspicious Transaction Report (STR).
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance & Banking, Law, or other related fields.
- Less than one year of professional experiences in banking and finance industry preferably in compliance, risk, and internal or external audit.
- Basic understanding of AML and CFT.
- Good analytical skill, and logical thinking.
- Good command in Khmer and English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Effective teamwork, communication and presentation skills.
- Good math skills and ability to spot numerical errors.
- Strong dedication to accuracy and efficiency.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through [email protected]ababank.com.