We cooperated with MasterCard® to present you completely free Virtual MasterCard that makes your online shopping experience even more easy, convenient and secure.
What is a Virtual Card
Virtual Card is an instantly issued on-screen image of a prepaid card bearing the logo of MasterCard. It has all the properties and attributes of real payment card, but only exists virtually and does not have a physical carrier.
With Virtual MasterCard from ABA you can make payments or purchases exactly the same way as with real card on any online store that displays MasterCard logo, including Amazon, EBay or AliExpress.
How it works
Upon your request, we randomly generate virtual card number that enables you to make online purchases or payments without revealing the primary account or card details. The transaction-level authorization controls let you define how, where and when your account is used. You credit the card only with the necessary amount immediately before each shopping and use it for a predefined period, after which the unused money will be credited back to your main account.
- No issuance and annual fee*
- Instant issuance of the card
- Safe online payments
- Notification on each transaction**
- Security and anonymousness
How to apply
Currently, you can issue Virtual MasterCard on your own through ABA Internet Banking service*. If you are new to ABA, you will first need to open an account with us. To learn how to create your Virtual Card, click here.
*Having account in ABA and subscription for Internet banking service is required.
Taking care of security
Here are the essential tips to protect yourself while making payments on the Internet:
- Assure yourself of the reputation of the Internet trader before disclosing your card details. To protect the funds, we recommend to you to shop from well-known and reliable sites and traders!
- Before entering information about your card on the Internet, make sure that the address starts with . This means that the entered information is encoded and cannot be captured by a scammer.
- Do not respond to an e-mail, in which someone asks you to confirm data about your card or username and password for your registration on the Internet.
- We recommend you to shop on the Internet at web sites, bearing the logo “SecureCode” and “3D-Secure” from MasterCard. These are the most contemporary systems, which provide security upon the transmission of data and payments on Internet sites.
Please remember that ABA Bank never requests the full number and information about your card or your PIN code!
How to Issue Virtual Card
Virtual MasterCard is an online payment card which you can use to make purchases on the internet with high security and low risks. You can issue the card yourself and optimize to your requirement like card limit usage count, amount to be used or an expiry date of the card.
Virtual MasterCard is not a physical card but has all the attributes and facilities of a plastic payment card. Any Internet card must be linked to the debited/credited account. Internet card provides an easy and convenient means of purchase on the Internet.
To create a card, you need to login to your ABA iBanking. Select the “Account, Cards” menu item, click on “Cards” sub menu and then click the “Issue Internet Card” button.
Specify the following parameters on the Issue Internet Card page:
- Account Number – account to be debited during card payments. Select the account from the drop-down list.
- Card Description – helps to distinguish the card in case there are several cards on the list.
- Expires – card expiration date. Specify the date in the dialog box. By default, it is the current date.
- Card Use Count – maximum number of purchases by card allowed for the specified period. Note: The card usage limit cannot exceed the maximum value defined by the Bank. This value depends on the reset period.
- Limit Amount – maximum purchase amount for the specified period. Note: The purchase amount limit cannot exceed the maximum value defined by the Bank. This value depends on the reset period.
- Limit Reset Period – time period over which the card limit counters are to be reset. Select the required value from the drop-down list:
- In ... Days: The limit is reset after the period specified in the Number of Days field.
- Weekly: The period lasts one week. The limit is reset on the day specified in the Day of Week field.
- Monthly: The period lasts one month. The limit is reset on the day specified in the Day of Month field.
- Once a Quarter: The period lasts one quarter. The limit is reset on the day specified in the Day of Quarter field.
- Nonrenewable: If selected, the period cannot be changed while working with card limits.
- Per Operation: The limit counter is reset before each operation.
Click on the “Issue Card” button once you have put in all the details.
Read the message on the uses and restrictions of the ABA Virtual MasterCard.
After reading the message, click the “Issue” button if you agree to the terms and conditions. Issuing Confirmation window will appear which will show the card issue parameters that you selected. Please check the attributes of the virtual card and click on the “Issue” button.
Depending on the type of dynamic authentication you are using for iBanking you can confirm Virtual card issuance by:
SMS one-time password
Once the card is successfully issued, it’s better to save to a file or print out the data required for performing operations by this virtual card: card number (PAN), expiration date and secret code CVV2.
Activation of Virtual Card
After issuing the Virtual MasterCard, you have to activate it for Internet transactions.
- Select the “Accounts, Cards” menu item and click on the card you are going to use for internet transactions.
- Change eCommerce Status of card to “Active” and define the 4 digits internet-PIN because some web-sites can ask for this static password.
- Define email address for receiving One Time Passwords from 3D Secured web-sites. You can recognize the secure websites by the following logos:
If you do not complete the above steps, virtual card cannot be used. Once you have activated the card and filled out the required fields, you can now use it for online purchases.
If you need any further details, please feel free to contact our Contact Center at +855 (0)23 225 333 available 24/7 for you.