Five tips to recognize phishing emails and protect yourself
We are warning our valued customers to be extra vigilant of any emails, regardless of how genuine they may appear. Phishing scams are becoming increasingly common, and scammers are getting better at making their emails look legitimate.
Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to protect yourself from email scams and phishing attempts:
- Pay great attention to the email address that is used to contact you; sometimes, it is just one letter that differentiates the scamming email address from the real one. Remember that ABA will never send you emails from babbank.com, ababakn.com, advancebankasia.com, ababankofasla.com, advancebankofasia.com, ababnkofasla.com, accountant.com, ababcambodia.org, ababankonline.com, ababkonline.com, ababnk.com, abacamb.com, advancedbankasia.com or other similar addresses, nor assign third parties to contact you to claim donation prizes, inheritance, gifts, etc. Our official emails come from the @ababank.com domain only!
- Be cautious of emails that ask for your bank account information or verification. It's important to remember that ABA or legitimate companies usually don’t ask for this information via email.
- Be wary of offers that promise free money or prizes. These are often used to lure you into giving up your personal information or clicking on a malicious link.
- Pay extra attention when the email starts with an intimidating message or urges you to click the link or download an attachment. Hover over the links without clicking them to see where they lead to.
- Watch out for messages that create a sense of urgency and pressure you into taking an action. Scammers often use these tactics to make you act quickly without thinking it through.
By following these tips and being cautious when dealing with suspicious emails, you can protect yourself from these types of online threats and stay safe online.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at [email protected]ababank.com or call 1 800 203 203 (toll-free inside Cambodia). For the calls from abroad, use +855 098 203 333.
Thank you and stay safe online!