ABA wins Best Bank in Cambodia 2022 in Euromoney Awards
ABA Bank, Cambodia's number one commercial bank1 , has been named the "Best Bank in Cambodia 2022" by Euromoney, one of the world's most prominent and trustworthy financial magazines. The award ceremony for winners took place in London (United Kingdom) and gathered top banking professionals from across the globe.
The award confirms ABA's position as Cambodia's leading bank and largest provider of retail banking. Euromoney applauded ABA for its innovative banking solutions, solid expansion, and remarkable growth. The decision of the judging panel is also supported by ABA's recent significant development and enhancement of its digital state-of-the-art platform, such as:
- Integration of the Bank’s payment system with KHQR, which allows ABA customers to receive transfers and payments from customers of other local banks within the National Bank of Cambodia’s Bakong payment system free of charge;
- Launch of card-to-card transfers with Mastercard and UnionPay International in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Introduction of a quick loan solution, Salary Loan, in ABA Mobile to provide quick and easy financing for personal use with no collateral requirements;
- Deployment of the first and only self-issuance of plastic cards, which lets customers order their bank card in ABA Mobile and then issue it from ABA Card Machine;
- Further upgrade of its unique ABA Merchant app, which allows businesses to receive payments and manage their trading activities easily and efficiently;
- Continuous growth of the ABA 24/7 self-banking network. With ABA 24/7 spots, ABA customers can make cash deposits/withdrawals, deposit checks, and issue bank cards free of charge.
Commenting on the occasion, Askhat Azhikhanov, Chief Executive Officer of ABA Bank, said, "It is our nineth consecutive top title from Euromoney, which proves ABA’s leading position in Cambodia to deliver innovative and beneficial financial products and services to our valuable customers. We dedicate this award to all our clients and thank them for their trust in ABA."
As the largest Cambodian commercial bank, ABA is well-known for providing unrivalled digital financial services to SMEs, microbusinesses, and retail clients. As of 30 June 2022, the Bank's total assets reached US$8.5 billion, whereas the total volume of digital transactions on the ABA Mobile app alone totaled almost US$100 billion.
About Euromoney's Awards for Excellence:
Euromoney's Awards for Excellence were established in 1992 and are the global benchmark for the banking industry. These annual awards cover more than 20 international product categories, best-in-class awards in all regions, and the best banks in close to 100 countries worldwide. Euromoney's award decisions are made by a committee of senior journalists, chaired by Euromoney's editor, following the receipt of detailed submissions from market participants and extensive year-round research into the banking and capital markets in the region by editors, journalists, and research team.
1 ABA is the largest commercial bank in Cambodia in terms of total assets, gross loans, customer deposits and profitability based on the National Bank of Cambodia’s Annual Supervision Report 2021